Agnes Shanley, a voice of On Pharma blog, and John Mack, author of Pharma Marketing Blog, will be sharing a dais at the Healthcare Blogging & Social Media Summit 2007 (Fall) organized by Dmitriy Kruglyak of TrustedMD.
We will be speaking on the topic of trends in the realm of pharma and medical device blogging (see below).
I am looking forward to finally meeting Agnes after exchanging some pleasant private emails with her not too long ago (which I am not going to reveal here!).
Here are the program details. Hope to see you in Chicago in September!
- WHAT: Healthcare's Premier Conference on Blogs & Social Media
- WHEN: September 17/18, 2007 (Monday/Tuesday)
- WHERE: The Chicago Hilton, in Chicago, IL, co-located at Consumer Health World
- WHO: Trusted.MD Network, Transmarx, leaders of new and traditional healthcare media (see below) and YOU
- WHY: Network and learn how to benefit from the new horizons opened by the healthcare blogging and social media
- COST: Early$349 (before 06/30), Regular $399 (before 08/24), Late $499
We expect to launch a significant site update leading up the conference. Register for an account and sign up for newsletters to not miss any news.
Now, here is the program for our 3rd Summit:
Healthcare Blogging & Social Media Summit is day and a half conference for people who want to deploy blogging and social media on behalf of their companies and brands. We begin with basics, first dispelling the common myths. Have you been told that “blogs and social media are not important”, “too risky for healthcare organizations” and “we are afraid of losing control of our message”? Do not get blindsided by 20th century thinking and start learning about the brand issues that must precede blog and social media engagement.
The sessions will cover why this form of communication is taking off; how quickly it can damage a brand's reputation if left unanswered; the continuum between control and trust; how to create a blogger relations program; the best practices for establishing your own blog; how to enlist others to your cause; and how blogging has helped the consumer health movement.
Whether you represent a hospital, a health plan, a physician group, a pharmaceutical or medical device company, do not miss the fundamental transformation in health media and join us in Chicago on September 17-18. Learn how your peers harnessed the opportunities presented by the new media. Recognize and avoid the common pitfalls. Meet new citizen thought leaders whose growing influence is redefining healthcare marketing as we know it.
Sessions and speakers include (current as of 06/10/07):
MONDAY: September 17, 2007, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
9:00 – 9:50 (Keynote) THE IMPACT: New Media Technologies in Health and Care
What will be the magnitude of change brought about by blogs and social media? One of the top health media authorities provides a 30,000 feet overview of what is to come
10:00 – 10:50 (Panel) MYTHS vs. REALITY: From Social Media to People Powered Health(care)
Does the buzzword blizzard make your head spin? New health media concepts can be confusing and the panel offers yardsticks for telling between true trends and misleading hype.
- Dmitriy Kruglyak, CEO, Trusted.MD Network
- Jane Sarasohn Kahn, President, THINK-Health
- Joyce Flory, Ph.D., Principal, Communications for E-Business and Health
11:00 – 11:50 (Panel) OPEN BRANDS: Trading Message Control for Consumer’s Trust
The challenge: Consumers have more power than ever to affect your reputation online. The opportunity: Engaging their creative forces can build positive buzz. Learn the do’s and don’ts.
- Fabio Gratton, Chief Innovation Officer, Ignite Health
- David Weigelt, Managing Partner, Immersion Active
- Adam Pellegrini (I), Strategic Director Online, American Cancer Society
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 3:00 (Workshop) READY, SET, BLOG: The Nuts and Bolts of a Social Media Project
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The hardest part is getting started and the top social media consultants are here to give you a walk-through. Let’s go!
- Toby Bloomberg, President, Bloomberg Marketing
- Elisa Camahort, Co-founder and President of Events & Marketing, BlogHer LLC; Professional Blogger, with 9 Blogs Currently Active
- Carol Kirshner (I), VP, Promedica Research Center
3:00 – 4:00 (Panel) HELPING HAND: Social Media as a Platform for eHealth Applications
Social media is more than media; it is starting to blur the line between publications and applications. How can these new interactive technologies improve health service delivery?
- Enoch Choi, MD, Urgent Care Physician, Palo Alto Medical Foundation; Online Content & Community Expert, Forum Manager, MedHelp
- Scott Shreeve, MD, Founder, CrossOver Healthcare & Medsphere
- Ash Damle, Founder & CEO, MEDgle.com
TUESDAY: September 18, 2007, 9:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
9:40 – 10:30 (Spotlight) HOSPITALS & PROVIDERS: Trends, Strategies & Case Studies
What are the unique opportunities and challenges of social media for hospitals and other healthcare providers? Learn from the panel of leading practitioners.
- Nicholas Jacobs, FACHE, CEO, Windber Medical Center & Research Institute
- Tony Chen (I), Founder, HospitalImpact.org
- Paul Costello (I), Executive Director, Stanford University School of Medicine
10:40 – 11:30 (Spotlight) PHARMA & MEDICAL DEVICES: Trends, Strategies & Case Studies
What are the unique opportunities and challenges of social media for pharma and medical device brands? Learn from the panel of leading practitioners.
- Agnes Shanley, Editorial Director, Putman Media, Inc.'s Pharma Group
- John Mack, MA, MS, MPhil (I), President, VirSci Corporation; Publisher, Pharma Marketing Network
11:40 – 12:30 (Spotlight) WELLNESS & LIFESTYLE: Trends, Strategies & Case Studies
What are the unique opportunities and challenges of social media for wellness, fitness and lifestyle brands? Learn from the panel of leading practitioners.
- John Bell, Managing Director/Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy PR; Creator of Ogilvy's 360° Digital Influence practice which manages brands in the age of social media
- Margaret Moore, CEO, Wellcoaches
We hope you will join us in Chicago, IL on September 17/18 and we are always happy to hear from you in the meantime: