Saturday, March 31, 2007

'Round the Sphere: No Stinkin' Thinkin' Blogger Award for Me!

I'd like to thank all the Pharma Bloggers out there who did NOT nominate ME as one of the five blogs that make YOU think. NOT!

It's not enough that bloggers get kudos from a survey of readers that I worked so hard on, they also have to go around awarding themselves awards! I'm talking about something called "Thinking Blogger Awards."

It works like a f**kin' chain letter! The worst kind of self-congratulatory accolade there is!

Here are the rules:

  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
The chain started sometime last month and has finally wended its way to The Pharma Blogosphere. I traced the first Pharma Blogosphere occurrence at Clin Psych Blog ("Only Five?"), which "tagged" PharmaGossip, who tagged his "Brit" buddy over at Pharma Giles (Jack also tagged Peter Rost, who hasn't yet tagged any blog in return), who tagged On Pharma, which hasn't tagged any blog yet (hint: tag me, tag me, no me!).

Not only don't I get tagged, but Pharma Giles adds insult to injury by dissin' my rating scale, by which I recently divide The Pharma Blogosphere into two domains: "Major Planets" and "Minor Planets, et al" (see right). All I can say is "Giles, you're on thin ice! Keep it up and gravity, which we all know sucks, may whiplash you into the asteroid belt of The Pharma Blogosphere!"

The way these things work, I predict that EVERY blog in The Pharma Blogosphere will be "tagged" before the end of next month. The ball is now in Rost's and On Pharma's court. Who 'ya goin' to tag?

The Dead Horse
Other than this, nothing else much has been happening 'Round the Sphere worthy of talking about. O yeah, one thing. Jim Edwards and the dead horse. Not that I want to rehash this debate, but it’s nice to know that the CDC took my position and not my opponents’.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We gotcha!

We were gonna tell you tomorrow.

We all got together at the J&J dinner evening and cooked up the idea to leave you out!

Even Giles and I flew over from the UK (Many Thanks to J&J and Virgin).

Remember John - the decisions are made by those who turn up!!

Cheers!

Jack