Monday, February 25, 2008

Truelove, Explain This Please!

I am insulted!

Christina Truelove's "Pharma Blogs: Week in Review" is a great weekly personal view of the Pharma BlogosphereTM. I read it religiously every week.

But the advertising for it on the PharmaLive site includes a tag line that, unlike the tagline for sale over at BrandweekNRx, stinks!

"We monitor pharma blogs so you don't have to..." ??????

Truelove, you got some 'splaining to do!

First, what about all the RSS technology out there that allows anyone to set up their own monitoring of blogs? If we don't encourage our readers to do this, then shame on us!

Second, the Pharma Blogs: Week in Review is sometimes AWOL as it was last Friday. I know, I know. There was a snow storm! All the more reason to utilize RSS and other technology.

Third, this is a personal compilation and not a comprehensive review.

So, I suggest that you change this tagline to something like: "We monitor blogs and report what strikes us as interesting..."

I'm being a little flippant, of course. But let me also offer some constructive criticism:

No matter what the tagline, Pharma Blogs: Week in Review should come out no later than Friday morning. This works, for example, for Bob Ehrlich's DTC in Perspective. Otherwise, many people are not going to open the email. That also would make it much more useful to us bloggers who are mentioned in the newsletter -- we can get more lift in terms of visitors.

Anyway, just my humble opinion and venting of feelings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John!

Yes, last week was AWOL, but I am trying to make up for it this week.

I agree about the tag line, I did not come up with it.

And there will be a change coming soon to this roundup, I promise!